At Coral Truck Equipment in Niagara Falls, we understand how important it is for you to properly prepare and maintain your work truck because there is nothing worse than having your truck breakdown on the side of the road in the middle of a hot Niagara Falls or Toronto summer. That is why our team has put together this list of work truck maintenance tips.
1. Change Your Work Truck Tires
The most important part of your truck equipment is the tires because they have a huge impact on the trucks overall performance and safety. A worn out or underinflated set of tires can be detrimental to handling and braking. When switching over to your summer tires in Toronto or Niagara Falls, it is always a good idea to inspect the rubber for bubbles in the sidewalls, uneven wear, or visible wear bars. As soon as you see any of this damage, make sure that you replace your work truck tires.
2. Change Your Work Truck Fluids
Checking and changing your trucks fluids will help with the overall maintenance of your vehicle. Some of the most important fluids to check, especially for the Toronto and Niagara Falls summer months, include:
- Oil – if the oil is black, make sure to change it as soon as possible.
- Coolant – you should change your coolant at least once a year for maximum performance.
- Automatic Transmission Fluid – too much fluid can cause overpressure problems (rough shifting, slippage, etc.), while too little can burn out your torque converter.
- Power Steering Fluid – low steering fluid levels can lead to increased steering effort and premature failure of the entire system.
- Brake Fluid – degradation of your truck’s brake fluid can lead to reduced braking performance or even complete brake failure.
3. Truck Equipment
While changing your truck’s tires and checking the fluid levels can do a lot when it comes to properly preparing your truck for a Toronto summer, you should also check on the other parts of your truck equipment that may cause you problems, such as:
- Air Filters – during the hot summer months in Toronto or Niagara Falls, extra dust floating in the air can have a negative affect on your truck’s engine. It’s always a good idea to check the air filter to see if it is caked with dust and dirt, so that you know when it needs to be replaced.
- Battery – you can help lengthen the lifespan of your battery by cleaning around the structure to prevent future problems.
- Brakes – if your truck’s brakes feel funny or are making weird noises, you should take them to a mechanic to be checked.
If you would like to learn more work truck maintenance tips, or if you are interested in one of our products (truck equipment, truck bodies, snow removal equipment, and truck lift gates) or services, please contact Coral Truck Equipment at 289-808-9252 or by filling out a contact form on our website. We have been proudly serving Toronto and Niagara Falls in Ontario since 2013.